Monday, September 8, 2008

Steps on Assignment 3


First : I drew out the shape of the factory from my sketch by using the pen tool.



Second : Then i used the Round Corner tool under the Effect tab. Effect > Stylize > Round C


Third : I typed out my title or slogan into my poster by using the type tool. Then I adjusted the kerning of the words. So, each letter will be closer and compact.



Fourth : Then I adjusted the words and made it slanted to achieve my poster layout.


Fifth : I drew the smoke by using the pentool.


Sixth : Then I experimented the effect tools and played around with them, until i found out the warp options, and played around with the settings to achieve the smoke shape effect.


Seventh : I did the same thing like the previous step for my other "smoke".



Eighth : After that, i placed a crumpled paper texture and rearranged the layer so the crumpled paper will become the background of the poster.



Nineth : I put the tagline or slogan by using the type tool and highlighted the word silent killer later on with the bright fuschia colour. This is to make the word stands out and make it more noticeable. I also arranged the alphabets by using the kerning settings.



Tenth : I put some shapes to make the factory a bit more detailed by using the shape tool rectangle tool and type tool to make the cross shape.


Eleventh : I did the same thing for the other 2 chimneys.


Twelfth : I inserted my logo from assignment 1, as its one of the criteria in the marking scheme. I placed it at the bottom right corner since its more suitable to put there, and i resized it.



Thirteenth : I used the glow tool from the Effect tab. Effect > Stylize > Outer Glow. This is to make the logo more stand out, rather than being flat.



Fourteenth : I used the symbol sprayer tool and i used the Bird symbol and "sprayed" around the title, so it won't look so dull.



Fifteenth : After that, I used the pentool and made somesort like a border outside my tagline. So that my tag line has a base.




Sixteenth : With the previous border that I made by using the pentool, I used the Roughen effect in the Effect tab. Effect > Distort & Transform > Roughen.


Result :)

No comments: