Monday, September 8, 2008

The Poster!


This poster is entitled ‘Clear Mind, Clear Skies’ with the objective to raise the awareness of air pollution in our world. The earth now is dying, and its our duty to nurture it and prevent the earth from dying especially in the pollution area. This poster shows that the factory is emitting smoke and gasses out from the chimney that causes the earth to suffocate and dirty the air. One of the main gas in the factory that is emitted out is Carbon Monoxide (CO). I put a tagline or slogan that says “Carbon Monoxide is the silent killer”. This is to aware the the people of the danger of the carbon monoxide that is lingering in the air cause of the air pollution. As I said previously, most factory chimneys does not have any filter to filter out the gasses that are excreted out from the chimney. In this poster, I chose the vector art as my theme, since I fell in love with the vector art that is very colourful and attractive. I did use the pen tool and other tools to make the shape of the smoke with the cartoonish effect. I put a paper texture as a background to make the objects or symbols stands out from the background. I also chose bright fuschia colour to attract the attention of the people, since human love colours a lot. The birds represents the freedom that they will get once the skies are clear from any type of dangerous gasses or pollution. Basically my design is very simple, and not so complicated. I also applied some typography in the poster, example the way I arrange the title and slogan. I also included the slogan “Stop It Now” which means to stop the gas or pollutants from polluting the air.




No comments: